Tuning Guarantee

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 21:53:56 -0400

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but maybe at least for the newbies.
Last week I got my first inquiry as to whether I guarantee my tunings. This
from a lady that has played cello in several symphony orchestras over her
lifetime, and after I just finished tuning and pitch-raising (about 65
cents) her 53 year old Lester spinet. I had been waiting for such a
question, but I just did not expect it at that time and from her (who
through our conversations could easily see that she knew a lot about music
and instruments).

I am so proud of myself. I think she blindsided me in such major fashion
that I actually had the ba%$s to quote something I think I had read one time
on this list: "the only thing I will guarantee is that the piano will go out
of tune". I did however, go on to explain a bit more about tuning stability
after pitch raises, etc. - so I did not do it as bluntly as it might appear.
What a hoot!

Ooooo, it was so unlike me! Kinda fun though!

Terry Farrell