Damp Chaser in old upright

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 18:01:54 -0500

>...It was on a grand piano. The soundboard cracked. It had been plugged in
>backwards for many years. I always check each installation.
>Don Rose...

Hi Don, List,

Hopefully a little more clarification for me, please.

Many years would indicate it had not been checked by you prior, so I trust
you are saying that this was your first visit to this piano, or that after
having discovered this particular situation, you have, since that point in
time, established the policy to check each complete Dampp-Chaser
installation.

Also, how were you able to determine without reservation that the crack in
the soundboard on this grand piano was caused by the complete Dampp-Chaser
system being plugged in backwards, and not by other factors and/or
circumstances that could have easily occurred during those many years?

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild