Grinnell Bros

L. Verkoelen lverkoelen@pineknot.com
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 09:37:16 -0700

Willem,

I double checked the number and even found the same number in a different
location. Plus, the piano just doesn't have the signs of wear that I would
expect in a 55 year old piano. Also, the knee board is a thin particle board
contruction. I haven't seen that in real old pianos.
Thanks for the idea though.

Louis Verkoelen
Associate Technician
Big Bear City CA.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Wimblees@AOL.COM
  Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2001 5:46 AM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Re: Grinnell Bros

  In a message dated 7/6/01 11:09:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
  lverkoelen@pineknot.com writes:

    I serviced a Grinnell Bros console today. The customer is looking to buy
    new piano and wishes to sell this one. I was trying to look up the date
but
    havn't had any luck. The S/N: is 400762

  I am wondering if perhaps you added an extra 0 in the number, or that the
2
  at the end is something else. If the serial number was 40762, or 40076, it
  would make it a 1946 piano.

  Willem