Strike Point

Fri, 6 Jul 2001 19:14:26 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: July 06, 2001 10:36 AM
  Subject: Re: Strike Point

  In a message dated 7/6/01 11:35:26 AM Central Daylight Time,=20
  pianobuilders@olynet.com writes:=20

    If someone at Baldwin told you that, they were giving you incorrect=20
    information. No modern piano has been built using a 1/7 strike point =
in the=20
    treble

  Del=20

  It was the head of the technical department. (I can't remember his =
name off=20
  hand, but he was a very popular instructor at many seminars. I am sure =

  someone will remind me who that was). Anyway, perhaps he told me that=20
  measurement as an easy way to get the hammers back on the piano, =
considering=20
  the instrument, not as an exact measurment for all the hammers.=20

  Wim=20
-----

Or did you mean to write 1/17? That's some different than 1/7.

Anyway, you're probably referring to Willard Sims. Really nice man, but =
not all of his information was accurate.

Del