1977 Yamaha U1

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 16:49:46 -0500

>...could someone please explain to me how
>they can possibly imagine a couple of loose plate bolts making a piano go
>sharp (throughout the scale) suddenly. This is a story I just have to hear...
>Ron N

Dear pain in the..., List,

Other than two loose plate bolts indicating that the rest might be somewhat
suspect, I'd love to spin a yarn that you would approve and others might
praise me for, but no can do.

Otherwise, I was just offering some possibilities that might help improve
pitch fluctuations in this particular piano for the poster.  Based on
previous discussions on this list concerning said subject, that particular
one could make a difference.

The above is rendered assuming I'm one of the gang  :-)

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild