Strike Point

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 13:25:05 EDT

caute@optusnet.com.au writes:

> Lost a lot of me stuff when I was working in China in '92. In the scales I
> designed I used 1/8 through bass and tenor, slow increase from C5 to F6 to
> about 1/12th then up to 1/17th on C8.

I don't understand something. ( I know, there are a lot of things I don't
understand, but that's another subject. :) ). If the strike point is supposed
to be 1/7th for maximum tonal out put, wouldn't that be the case for note 1
as well as 88, and everything in between? Why does that change?

Just a conjecture, but is part of the problem that the hammers have to line
up straight, to prevent other problems, such as back check clearance, damper
wire clearance, and most of appearance? Could this problem be solved with
string length, by moving the bridge around?

Answers?

Wim