Knabe Damper Wire

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Thu, 05 Jul 2001 19:59:25 -0500

Eliot,

That old, it probably doesn't have inserts for the screw tighteners. With wood
shrinkage the holes may be big enough for standard wire.  If not, use a hand
drill to enlarge them slightly.  Of course, back out the screws first.

The other option is to mike the wire size, consult a local wire dealer and make
your own.

Hope this helps,

Warren

--
Warren Fisher RPT                   Beginners & Lurkers
fish@Communique.net                 Basic Pianotech discussed