Theodore Green Square Grand?

Mitch Ruth pianomitch@hotmail.com
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 19:42:38 -0400

List,

Today on a visit to the American Classical Music Hall of Fame, I came acr=
oss a recently aquired Theodore Green and Co. Square Grand.  As I asked a=
bout the piano, I discovered that they thought it to be built about 1874 =
but knew little else about it.  The fall board has the name "Theo. Green =
and Co. - Louisville, KY"  the only number I could find was on the bottom=
 of the piano underneath the keybed - 746.  =20

The director and I discussed the possibility of the piano being a stencil=
, this maker would be only the third Kentucky manufacturer I am aware of.=
  Were there many stencil pianos in the 19th century?

My piano atlas has turned up missing.  Any information you might have wou=
ld be appreciated, thank you in advance.

Mitch Ruth
DeMossville, KY

PS  The piano looks nice, but when we opened up the top, I saw a lot of p=
arts laying around.  Any work on the piano at this time would be cosmetic=
.  Very nice museum piece.

PSS Hey! If you are in downtown Cincinnati, OH stop by and see the Hall o=
f Fame, nice folks nice place!  www.classicalhall.org  <br clear=3Dall><h=