S&S player lyre and trap

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 17:02:37 EDT

I have a customer who has a '23 S&S reproducing grand without the reproducer.
His main complaint is the pedals, and how they don't work right. I have tried
almost everything possible to get them to work, but considering the weird
system under there, there is nothing much more I can do. Today he asked if it
were possible to install a "regular" Steinway Lyre. I told I him I didn't
think that is possible, but that I would ask the list.

Has anyone ever successfully replaced the lyre/trap on a S&S player with a
regular S&S lyre/trap?

Wim