Appt. Danger, was Magnetic door signs

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:07:27 -0400

Hi Clyde. I was hoping someone else would respond to your post. I hate
sounding like someone's mother, but I truly believe this should be
addressed.

> Then there is the situation when the client forgot the appointment.  If it
is
> someone I know would want me to just go in and do it, I try all the doors
before
> giving up.

I don't mean to preach, but WHOA! Do you live in Mayberry? Even in Mayberry
you would likely run the risk of being sued, or charges of unlawful entry
being pressed. I realize you specify that this might occur "if it is someone
I know would want me to just go in and do it", but IMHO you or anyone else
doing this is taking a big chance (maybe only if it were a relative or the
closest friend - anyone else, no-way). Anything from an accident, to a sick
mother-in-law staying at the home, to just-cleaned-and-yet-wet-carpets, to
who knows what could happen - my God, there could be the 13-year-old
daughter that had just been raped and was hiding in the bedroom while you
were there for an hour or two. Sorry for sounding like the proverbial
mother, but for what it is worth, I would never, never do such a thing, and
I think anyone else would be well advised to keep the same policy. Anything
else is simply dangerous.

Terry Farrell