shellac sealer on plate yes yes yesYES

Wed, 4 Jul 2001 07:10:33 -0400

----__JNP_000_784c.49d8.1520
On Tue, 03 Jul 2001 21:43:09 -0700 "Diane Hofstetter"
<dianepianotuner@hotmail.com> writes:
Dale,

Me too,  I offer up my gratitude to all who suggested shellac!
After two coats of spray shellac, sanding in between all coats, and a
coat of gold enamel, the fish-eyes are gone and tomorrow I can put the
top clear coat on.  Whew!

Diane

Hi Diane -

I'm glad it worked out for you so well!  Yet another alternative for you
would be to mix bronze powder right in with the shellac and use that as
your finish, or at least as a primer/sealer coat that already has a
bronze color.  I have done it many times with good results every time.
Use the palest color of shellac you can find, though, as a dark shellac
will yield a darker gold color when mixed with the powder.

Shellac is a finisher's right hand man.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com

----__JNP_000_784c.49d8.1520