The Flag

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 02:49:07 -0500

| Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country
and two
| words have been added to the Pledge of Allegiance: "Under God" .
Wouldn't it
| be a pity if someone said: "That's a prayer", and it would be
eliminated from
| our schools too?
|

|             Red Skelton

Its a pity that  from the craze of "un-American activities" of the
50's  a particular religion was allowed to change the words of the
Pledge of Allegiance.
    The Constitution guarantees "freedom of religion"  That guarantee
also means "freedom from religion".
     So where is the necessity or right to add "under God" to the
Pledge?    What ever you want to say is OK with me, how ever you want
to worship, I will stand up for that right, (well, speak up at
least)(just don't ask me to die for it)  but why do you want me or my
children to say what you want,  let alone use my tax dollars to have a
religious belief promulgated in our schools? ---ric