question on plugging was Re: Oiled Pinblock

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 16:04:04 EDT

piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca writes:

> I think that the 3/8" plug and the hole required, will not take too much
> from the plate integrity. If you feel it will weaken the plate, then don't
> do it, as you can't build the plate up again. Was that your question?
> Regards,
>
> John M. Ross

John

It's not the integrity of the plate I am worried about. I am sure even
drilling out 3 or 4 holes won't hurt it. I am more concerned about the way it
looks. If all the other holes are smaller, even with a bushing, won't it look
"funny?"  Would you do this kind of repair to a Baldwin or Steinway?

Willem