New kid on the block, again

SooperTooner@AOL.COM SooperTooner@AOL.COM
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:16:16 EDT

Hi all.

I was surprised to hear from so many of you via private email asking for
details on my tuning method. By the way, many of you had "RPT" after your
name. What does that stand for: "Real Piano Tuner" or what?

In any event, due to the overwhelming response I have decided to sell my
information. Now don't get all excited...I don't want the money for myself. I
was thinking of $20 which is the cost of one of my tunings. (Incidentally,
I'm up to 19 tunings now and well on my way to my goal of 5 tunings a week
(one per day). Hope it doesn't tire me out too much. I must remember to keep
a fresh set of batteries for my tape player around.)

Don't send the money to me. I want to help my mother. She's been sick and
needs help paying for doctors and medicine. Her address is:

Mrs. D. Vitreous
1141 Calle Cinco de Mayo
Buenos Aires, Argentina

No personal checks please. International money orders only. Only $20, payable
to Douglas Vitreous.

I'm sorry that some of you have chosen to make light of my Betsy Ross repair
procedure. I chose Rigatoni for several good reasons: shape, size and
thickness. References to elbow macaroni have fallen on deaf ears (mine) and
you know what you can do with it (yours). Ditto on farina and semolina.
Doesn't anyone take new ideas seriously?

I can't report back on the results of that repair quite yet (as I'd hoped to
do) because the piano owner neglected to tell me about a mouse problem she's
been having and unfortunately overnight the repaired parts disappeared. More
about that later after I've dealt with the problem. I have ways...

My mother (bless her -- sick as she is) always said "If you can't say
something nice then get outta' my face." Let that be the lesson here. I'm
trying to start a piano repair dialog here and snide remarks only make YOU
look silly. And we'll see who has the last laugh.

Douglas Vitreous, IPR (Innovative Piano Repairer)