how long?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:11:21 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/01 8:05:58 AM Central Daylight Time, Tvak@AOL.COM
writes:

> So whaddyathink?  Am I just impatient?   How long does it take to build up a
> clientele to support one's self?
>
> Tom Sivak

That question is akin to, how long before will a tuning last. I had to
support my family when I first started out. I didn't have any other income.
So I busted my back end to make it work.

Don't feel bad about fewer tunings these days. This week, not counting a free
tuning for a repair customer, I have 6 tunings lined up. The last couple of
months have been slow for me. Hang in there. Summers will be over before you
know it, and the fall rush will start.

Take (and presumable pass), the RPT exam. Being an RPT won't directly give
you more business, but it will help your self esteem. That will translate
into being more confident when you tune for customers. They will sense that,
and recommend you to their friends, etc., etc.

Willem