PVC-E

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:55:09 -0500

I used wallpaper paste remover, very lightly and they turned loose nicely.=
  I haven't tried the steam.  Paste remover has been my normal way to do=
 it.

dave
*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 7/2/01 at 2:39 PM Kazuo Yoshizaki wrote:
I have not tried PVC-E glue on key bushings yet, but how do you remove the=
 bushings glued with PVC-E? Does steam work for PVC-E?

Yoshi
----- Original Message -----
From: David M. Porritt
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 11:50 AM
Subject: PVC-E

Last year I did some experimenting with gluing felt to wood.  I was happy=
 enough with the results to use PVC-E for some key bushings instead of hide=
 glue.  It worked well.  Today I removed the bushings to install new ones,=
 and they came out SO much faster and better than hide glue.  The wood of=
 the mortice didn't splinter, and the sides of the mortices were very clean=
 (no red fuzzy glue remaining).

Just in case I'm not the last one to do this I thought I'd pass it on.

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net
Meadows School of the Arts