PVC-E

Kazuo Yoshizaki matrasimca@hotmail.com
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:39:17 -0400

I have not tried PVC-E glue on key bushings yet, but how do you remove the
bushings glued with PVC-E? Does steam work for PVC-E?

Yoshi
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David M. Porritt
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 11:50 AM
  Subject: PVC-E

  Last year I did some experimenting with gluing felt to wood.  I was happy
enough with the results to use PVC-E for some key bushings instead of hide
glue.  It worked well.  Today I removed the bushings to install new ones,
and they came out SO much faster and better than hide glue.  The wood of the
mortice didn't splinter, and the sides of the mortices were very clean (no
red fuzzy glue remaining).

  Just in case I'm not the last one to do this I thought I'd pass it on.

  dave

--
  David M. Porritt
  dporritt@swbell.net