Fw: Plate Finish, was Varsol

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 20:32:16 -0700

Hi Mark

 I'm aware of the many amazing properties of shellac but it just never =
occurred to me to try it in this application until you guys tweaked my =
duh! barrier.  This might be my answer.I'm in the middle of a plate job =
that is a very long and arduous story.
    Thanks

  Dale Erwin
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: bases-loaded@juno.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2001 2:00 PM
  Subject: Re: Fw: Plate Finish, was Varsol

  Hi Dale -

  It would be very unlikely for you to have a bleed thru problem like =
you describe if you used shellac as your barrier coat.  It is an =
amazingly reliable coating, sticks to anything, isolates contaminants, =
and provides a film that virtually any top coat will have good adhesion =
to, esp, if you use the dewaxed version.

  FWIW

  Mark Potter
  bases-loaded@juno.com

  On Sun, 1 Jul 2001 11:02:09 -0700 "Erwinpiano" =