Fw: Plate Finish, was Varsol

Sun, 1 Jul 2001 17:00:07 -0400

Hi Dale -

It would be very unlikely for you to have a bleed thru problem like you
describe if you used shellac as your barrier coat.  It is an amazingly
reliable coating, sticks to anything, isolates contaminants, and provides
a film that virtually any top coat will have good adhesion to, esp, if
you use the dewaxed version.

FWIW

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com