Plate Finish, was Varsol

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 09:14:54 -0400

The Behlin "Piano Gold" spray laquer is what I have been using for my =
last several plates. Available from Pianotek. It seems to be absolutely =
fool proof - I know! Consider giving it a try. Two or three coats yields =
a nice glossy smooth surface - I never need to rub anything out - and =
then I spray on two coats of clear gloss for, IMHO, one of the best =
looking plate finishes I have seen!

Terry Farrell =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Diane Hofstetter=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2001 12:55 AM
  Subject: RE:S&S plate touch up & Varsol

  Thanks to all who responded with suggestions about touch up on the S&S =
Plate!  It looked like Roger described he has seen on Yamaha grey market =
plates,  as if it was deep in the surface.  So, everything else having =
failed, I sanded until through to black.  It never disappeared until it =
became part of the universal black.

  None of the paint stores I went to know what Varsol is......

  I bought a good quality gold enamel and one of those fill-it-yourself =
spray bottles.  It looks much better except for the fish-eyes=20

  Tomorrow's work  (sigh...........)

  Diane

  Diane Hofstetter=20
  245-M Mount Hermon Rd.#343=20