Only one bass string scale for the M&H AA?

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:35:43 -0500

>Bill,
>It was this kind of scenario which got Dave Sanderson in the bass
>string making business (the inability of the "major" string makers
>to duplicate a set).

I remember!

>Get your money back, and send your samples to Dave.

I'm giving the windy city guy a second chance. He's getting the
original set, and I'll ask him to duplicate that. The ODs were fine.
It was the winding lengths and eye-to-winding that were haphazard.
This morning I had the new and old set mounted on a 3/16" steel rod,
alternating for immediate comparisons. I sent him both sets packed
that way (substituting 12 gage electrical wire for the rod), as he
said he wouldn't mind receiving it that way.

I'm also sending him a paper pattern for a Steinert B grand, and when
this returns will compare the result of a paper pattern to the
originals.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter