Grand regulating

Dave Nereson dnereson@dimensional.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 00:23:24 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ron & Lorene Shiflet=20
  To: PTG - send/receive=20
  Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 4:50 PM
  Subject: Re: Grand regulating

      I never use a let-off rack.  What a waste of time.
      When you use a rack, there are always adjustments that seem fine =
on the
  bench and then need to be changed when inside the piano.
      When I was a new technician, I thought a rack was the only way.  =
By and
  by, I learned a timeless lesson.  Be a little more patient now, and =
learn to
  set letoff without a jig.
      By the time you set up a jig, you can have entire let-off adjusted
  inside the piano.  Why waste your time?

  Ron

  Also, I highly recommend buying your own copy of Yamaha's 37 steps =
video's.
  Cost is about $200.  A small price indeed.