SAT II and Al Sanderson

Mark Story mark.story@mail.ewu.edu
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:21:21 -0800

Terry,

While I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, some of us with electronic
service experience like to do some of this maintenance ourselves (and for
ourselves - not commercially). As long as we understand the risk, and the
warranty issues, why not? I replaced my last battery pack because I didn't
particularly like being charged $75.00 (plus labor) for a $12.00 battery
pack. I also successfully replaced the screen on my Palm computer after I
dropped and broke it.

In any case, I don't think that Terry P. deserved the sarcasm for just
asking for information. It's one of the great things about the Internet -
that nonproprietary information like this can be shared, even among a narrow
community as ours. It's not like he was asking for the printed circuit mask
and firmware for the SAT III for free.

Mark Story. RPT
Eastern Washington University
Cheney, Washington