traveling/traveling/ traveling?

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:49:45 -0600

Hi Paul,
             What a coincidence, Stan Kroeker was at our shop this week
end, giving a seminar on Vertical hammer hanging.  He gave a great
demonstration on how to get a factory perfect job using the Spurlock hammer
jig.
You need to build a platform to elevate the jig, with the back rail off of
the action, it works just like doing a grand job
Action was mounted in a standard cradle , so the shanks were horizontal.

 On my first travelling pass I'm not too fussy since there always seems to
be corrections after gluing the hammers on.  It's really not as time
consuming as it sounds.  Good quality parts is the key for a good job.
That's why I have limited my supplier's, unless a customer insist on
American parts.
In fairness I have not tried Steinway's new and improved parts yet. Has any
one noticed a BIG difference?

Checking all parts before gluing saves a lot of agravation later in the
process.  Weight, friction, travel, etc.

We check all flange friction before installation, this can be quite a
revelation.

Roger