Samick leg bolts

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 20:12:52 -0600

A note of Caution: Those bolts are different lengths and if not put in
correct location, the action is rendered "shiftless" (bolts come up through
keybed and actually can lift action into the air).  A dealer near here has
delivery guys that have never gotten it right.  %~)  So check the shift
after you tighten them.  The dealer should have a ton of them since they
used to be delivered with the tools.
Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
lancelafargue@bellsouth.net

  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Wimblees@AOL.COM
  Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2001 5:53 PM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Re: Samick leg bolts

  In a message dated 2/23/01 10:40:30 PM Central Standard Time,
  jonpage@mediaone.net writes:

    I went to move a Samick the other day and the leg bolts were hex cap
head.

    Fortunately the movers who set it up put them on finger tight so getting
    them
    off was no problem. To secure the legs, I snugged them up with a pair of
    pliers
    since I didn't have a hex key that large.

    Does anyone know the size of the hex key so I can have one on hand in
the
    event of another Samick encounter?

  Stop by any Samick, Wurlitzer or Hyundai dealer, and ask for one. Each
piano
  comes with one in the moving crate.

  Willem