Likes her old clunker

Glenn Grafton glenn@graftonpiano.com
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 17:00:18 -0500

>List,
>     I'm running into a problem.  A good friend and client of many
>years just couldn't stand her old clunker of 50 years.  I sold her a
>brand new professional studio which is a wonderful piano.

snip

>     Her new piano is a 2001 Charles Walter studio, Queen Anne,
>Accu-tuned to A-440, absolutely nothing wrong with it.
>     Her complaints are:
>
>     The action is stiff.
>     Keys are hard to press
>     "It feels like there's cotton under the keys".
>     The notes don't ring when you let off the key (go figure).
>     Keys don't repeat ( we'll look into this, but it didn't happen
>at     the tuning)
>     The sound just isn't real bright.
>     Won't play loud unless you pound.

Did she play this piano before she bought it? It doesn't sound like
she did. These issues should have been ironed out before she took
delivery of the piano

Sounds like she should have bought a Yamaha P22.

Sounds like some voicing is in need to make her happy. The key is
what the customer wants (and explaining if it's way off base from
normal voicing before you do it.)
--
Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.

The box said "Requires Windows 95, or better." So I bought a Macintosh.