Verituner Update

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 22:33:03 +0100

Got to wondering a bit more on this approach. One question that comes to mind that bothers me.

Ok... you tune A3.... then veritune calculates a tuneing based on the inharmonicity of that
note. That means that then A4 (for example) is already a given. So you tune A4 to that already
calculated value. Its inharmonicity is then read in and the system recalculates.... correct ??
If so then it seems like the device is one step behind. I mean whatever inharmonicity reading
A4 yeilds (which in turn affects the calculated values for the rest of the piano excepting A3)
is influenced by the fact that A4 was tuned to a precalculated value based on A3's
inharmonicity.

What if the tuner is in dissagreement with that first calculated value, or any there after for
that matter.

I am sure you have a nice explanation, and have a way of handling that. Perhaps I have even
missed this in a previous post. In any case I am looking forward to hearing what the response
to this situation is.

Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway