cracked plate

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 00:09:52 -0800

Dave , Just a guess, but from your description and careful  inspection , =
I'd suspect a sudden change between the pinblock and the plate flange. =
Perhaps some type of glue joint failure ,especially if the block is in =
sections.That hitch pin area does seem suspicious, but  if the plate was =
broken or had a crack, it would seem to me that tuning stability would =
not be possible at any pitch. I'm thinking that any  failure in that =
block, back post, fillers etc assembly would be loud,and create the =
changes as you describe. Maybe the plate flange is what cracked? Late =
night speculations from a cold Northeast .  Tom Driscoll