RE: Blüthner value

Mark Story mark.story@mail.ewu.edu
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:29:13 -0800

They’re certain that it will be sold. I imagine we will have to look to the
Seattle and Portland area as well. I think your guess of $2000 is probably
right for around here.

Mark Story. RPT
Eastern Washington University
Cheney, Washington

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 2:13 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Blüthner value

Mark

If you need an appraised price for estate settlement, ask if the piano will
remain in the family, or if it is going to be sold outside the family. If it
is for estate settlement, and the piano is going to remain in the family,
without money being exchanged, the appraised price would be, and this is an
educated guess, around $4000.  If it is going to be sold, either within the
family, or outside the family, the selling price of this instrument will be
what ever they can get for it in Eastern Washington. It might be as low as
$2000. Perhaps a wholesaler from the coast will give you more.

Willem