Damper Note-its

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:32:56 -0500

This is always a problem in schools.  I instruct the faculty to tell
their students the only acceptable things are cut offs from 3M PostIt
note papers because the glue does not interact with an finish.  Many
other glues do.

There is some stuff, a liquid, called "TapeOff" which dissolves most
common glues used on tape without damaging the finishes.  If the glue
damaged the finish originally then it is damaged and will have to be
refinished.

What I disliked the most was pencil marks.  Those I found I could
remove with WD-40 and patience with a soft cloth.

Needless to say that if I had ever found the student doing that kind
of stuff I would have wrapped a bass string around their neck and used
a tuning pin to tighten the string.  sigh

		Newton