Rename subject-Weinrich/wapin

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 09:04:28 -0600

Carl:

FYI, the patent holder of Wapin is the University of Cincinnati.  The Wapin=
 LLP is only a clearing house for them on this.  U of C would have to=
 reexamine this issue for the cost to change.

I participated in Wapinizing of a 6'4" Knabe a few weeks ago.  While doing=
 the work, we discussed how this works, why it helps, what's really=
 happening to the string.  The bottom line is we don't know.  It did make a=
 difference in the piano, but I couldn't begin to guess why.

dave