SAT Stretch numbers

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 07:32:52 -0500

But with the SAT being used, and presumably with an undocumented history,
you have no way of knowing whether any of the pages that the stock tunings
were save on have been overwritten. You may wish to call Inventronics and
talk to Paul Sanderson. He can look up the repair/upgrade history of the
SAT. But again, he won't know if anything has been overwritten. I have a SAT
III. It has a feature where you can go to any page and just press a button
and the first time you press it the SAT will display the "F" value, press it
again and it displays the "A" value, press again and it displays the "C"
value. I also have a SAT I that originally had only the "F" program rather
than the "FAC" program. It would not display the "FAC" numbers like my SAT
III. I had the SAT I upgraded to the latest and greatest FAC program and now
my supercharged SAT I will display the FAC numbers for the tuning that was
last calculated since turning the SAT on.

I'm quite sure that if you have an "old" FAC program in your SAT, you will
not be able to review any on the FAC values. If you have a "newer" FAC
program, you will be able to review the FAC numbers of the calculation you
just did since turning the SAT on last. As soon as you turn the SAT off, you
will loose the ability to review those FAC numbers. I do not believe the SAT
II has any ability to review the FAC numbers of any tuning stored on a page
of memory. When you review the FAC numbers from a page of memory on the SAT
III, you need to use a button ("SHIFT 2") that the SAT II does not have.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com