string level

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 08:25:33 -0700

Hi David,
The strut area can pose problems.
My first step in leveling strings is to first level the strike point of =
the hammers using the voicing tray. So when the strut is covering the =
string and I know the hammer strike point is even ( pull the action and =
check to make sertain < also use the fitting block and dress all three =
string points>) I block the hammer to the string and use the hammer to =
check the level of the strings.
Joe Goss
imatunr@primenet.com
http://www.primenet.com/~imatunr/

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Ilvedson=20
  To: Joe & Penny Goss=20
  Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 10:44 PM
  Subject: Re: string level

  The other techniques I can duplicate with what I have...I have leveled =
strings in the past with an aluminum key bushing caul.   Laid upside =
down it would tip one way or the other if the middle string was high.  =
It actually worked pretty well.  How will your tool work up against the =
plate struts?  I quess I'll find out...you have copious notes?...;-]

  David I.