brightness of Steinways

ILEENKM@AOL.COM ILEENKM@AOL.COM
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:25:35 EST

Hello:   I have a question that is right along these lines.  this week I
tuned a newly rebuilt (not by me)Knabe grand with  Abel (Sp?)  hammers- the
piano is in a church- the  pianist  thinks it is too bright- it IS bright-
however, when  I  tested the   hammer muting of all three strings on some of
the zingiest notes, it was note  correct-  my question is-  how can you
precisely determine if it  is the  strings which are not aligned or if it is
the hammer which is not square to the strings- Ileen Kaplan RPT  Southern
Tier  Chapter