Piano horse

Douglasmahard@AOL.COM Douglasmahard@AOL.COM
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 05:12:32 EST

In a message dated 02/14/2001 6:51:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rrg@nevada.edu writes:

<< What does it look like, how does it work?   Is there a web page?   (I'm
 visualizing putting this under a piano and yelling "Giddyup!" and then
 watching the piano "get up"  ;-))

 Rob Goodale, RPT
 Las Vegas, NV >>

Hi Rob,

It looks like an elongated quarter of a circle and functions on the cam
action of that design. Solidly built from 1" square steel stock, it has an
adjustable arm that snugs against the right leg. Remove the left leg, the
lyre can stay on and once the weight of the piano is picked up by the cam
part of the horse which is basically immediately the piano pretty much
weights about 75 to 100 pounds at that point.  Jansen sends a short how to
video with each one.

I use one all the time with our rental piano and have sold several to our
competitors.

Considering the cost it will save you in tweaked backs over your life in the
piano trade this thing is dirt cheap.

I'll be giving a hands on demo at the NEECSO convention in CT. Desclaimer - I
don't receive anything from Jansens for this except free catalogs to hand
out, nor do I work for Jansens. Just showing how to use an excellent tool.

Oh yeah, the name of my mini technical is "Piano Horse Round-up" , Nudi
clothing optional :)

Doug Mahard