Melodian help

BSimon999@AOL.COM BSimon999@AOL.COM
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 18:57:21 EST

A prospective customer called the other day, asking that I repair the bellows
of an antique melodian. I was recommended to them because I used to do a lot
of player piano rebuilding.

I do not think I have ever seen a Melodian, and would like any information
about how difficult it would be for a player technician to rebuild/recover
the main bellows. ( customer's diagnosis)

Anyone know anything about these instruments, or might have worked on them?

This is a keyboard instrument, apparently with reeds,  at which someone sits
and pumps pedals for vacuum /or pressure, NOT the hand operated
accordian-like instrument.

Thank you for any information.

Bill Simon
Phoenix