Grey Market Yamaha and Dampp Chaser

Douglasmahard@AOL.COM Douglasmahard@AOL.COM
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:37:16 EST

Hi all,

I have a customer with a grey market Yamaha U2 which I installed a
Dampp-Chaser system in about a year ago.
I recently went for the 6 month tuning and found the soundboard cracked in
several spots with some buzzing occurring.

The customer said he was home when the board cracked because he heard it
happen. The D-C is working properly and the piano is not backed-up to any
heater, outside wall,...

Just wondering if this has happened to anybody else or if anybody has some
general comments on this.

Thanks in advance.

Doug Mahard