Noisy Yamaha action

Paul McCloud pmc333@earthlink.net
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 10:10:38 -0800

 Some time ago, I tried to size balance rail holes with a "Chair Doctor"
repair glue.  It is very runny, and will tighten chair rails and dowel
joints.  I thought it would do well for sizing the holes, instead of
diluted white glue.  It did work, but it also made those clicking
sounds, exactly as you describe.  It would click the first time you
played the note, but not on subsequent plays of the note.  A short rest
would begin clicking again.  I lubed, eased, polished, etc. but was not
successful in getting rid of the click.  It was a cheap piano,
thankfully, or I'd have had to rout out the key and install new wood.
    FWIW,
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego

--