Key Whakker/Thumper...you boys are in trouble!

Robin Stevens pianotun@pirie.gulf.net.au
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 18:31:29 +1030

List....I have read the diatribe on this extra mechanical devise that many
are using to be able to continue to tune pianos, with great
concern.

If you are experiencing pain in you striking arm it is suggesting that you
are either tuning too many pianos a day/week or ....most likely....applying
a striking blow far in excess of the required downweight needed.

I also would like to add that a very big percentage of customers would be
horrified when they see you apply this closed fist assault on their prize
instrument with a Whakker/thumper etc.

Most of these customers would be too polite to say anything, but their minds
must be in a turmoil over whether they should ask you to be less aggressive
with their beloved piano.

I would suggest that if you are tuning too many pianos a day/week....have a
break and let the injury heal or.... have a close look at your technique and
adjust accordingly.

I tune 25-30 pianos a week and I hit very hard... but the only injuries I
have at the end of the week are tender finger tips.

Concert Pianists practice 8 hrs and more a day.......How many of them
use...... Key Whakker/Thumpers?.....think about it!!

Robin (Aussie)