Reply to "Anonymous"

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 20:15:40 -0800

It would seem to me that our esteemed WebMaster could filter all e-mail=
 with an anonymous address...I doubt we would miss anything.

David I.
*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 2/10/01 at 12:22 PM JStan40@AOL.COM wrote:
Dear List,

After replying a couple of days ago to a posting by Roger Jolly that I
thought was particularly praise-worthy, I received this response.  Here is
the entire posting, headers included:

Subj: prep
Date: 2/9/01 5:00:36 PM Central Standard Time
From:    anon@anon.com
Sender:    nobody@ficus.frogspace.net (Nobody)
To:    jstan40@aol.com

Hi Stan,

I think you might find some pianos at a certain store less than well=
 prepped.
*shhhhh* ok?
There is a lot of Lip servicing going on.

To: jstan40@aol.com
From: anon@anon.com
Subject: prep
Sender: Nobody <nobody@ficus.frogspace.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 18:00:31 -0500

What I find particularly disturbing about this response is not necessarily
the idea that someone doesn't agree with Roger on what HE says that HE does=

in his own store, but that the person who wrote the above message did so
anonymously, using a web address that guarantees anonymity, and is=
 therefore
able to spread whatever brand of poison he/she wants to spread without=
 being
accountable for it.  This is unacceptable and cowardly.  There have been=
 many
disagreements on this List, heaven knows, but the participants were all
willing to identify themselves and put their opinions on the line.  On an
open list such as this, that is not only expected, but may be desirable in
the long run.  (And yes, I'm well aware of the feelings generated by
such...er...discussions!)

I have been mostly a List-lurker for the past three years or more, but=
 chime
in occasionally when I believe I have something to offer, or when I feel it=

necessary to respond to something.  This is one of those occasions--I do=
 not
personally know Roger Jolly, but having watched his contributions to this
List over a period of time, I have no doubt but what I would LIKE to know
Roger Jolly, and I have no reason whatever to doubt him when he says what=
 his
store policy is.  As Newton has said upon occasion, "Perfection is a moving=

target, and one does what one can with what one has available at the time."=

I couldn't agree more.....we try, and that is what Roger seems to be doing=
 at
all times.

So........to the person who sent me this message........if you have=
 something
to say, say it.  We don't always agree, we don't always HAVE to agree, but=
abhor such behind-the-back, underhanded tactics as this, and I will not
suffer it quietly.  If you have an overabundance of vitriol, then find an
outlet, but do it honorably, at least.......IDENTIFY YOURSELF and take such=

slings and arrows as may come your way!

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL
mailto:jstan40@aol.com