natural beats

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 22:38:10 +0100

"Howard S. Rosen" wrote:

> *****I re-read my letter and it did sound as though I was rebuking Richard.
> Sorry, Richard and thanks Keith for tactfully scolding me on that issue. Let
> me just say, without any personal attacks,  that my opinion on this matter
> is simply that 'natural beats' is a meaningless expression. At best,it is
> the same thing as the beats we hear resulting from coincidental
> partials.******

Glad to have read these words... was sad to think maybe I was in for another
er.... slagsmål.... grin.. Have enjoyed reading your previous posts on a wide
variety of threads.  Sorry for my part on firing back so quickly and perhaps
harshly...

As far as whether or not the term "natural beats" is meaningless.... well
perhaps you are right... but then perhaps not... we dont know that for sure
yet.... or at least I havent seen any real hard data / facts whathaveyou to
prove it one way or the other yet. And hey.... if it turns out Virgil is indeed
on about something but just lacks the ability to explain it clearly... we should
indeed want to know about it... or what ?

Shake hands ??? <smile>

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.