journal on cd

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 00:20:50 -0600

Hi Kent,

I wanted to be able to do a global search of the 20 journal *and* the
reprint cd as there are 100 articles in the reprint that are not in the 20
year set.

There is an index on the reprint cd--but it can't be added to the global
search. I don't know how else to say this.

At 06:35 PM 02/09/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>on 2/9/01 5:07 PM, Don at drose@dlcwest.com wrote:
>
>> Hi Kent,
>>
>> What you suggest is what I was trying to do--however there is a difference
>> between the *old* index on the reprint cd and the new 20 year ones. It
>> seems there is no way to add it to the global search without a file called
>> index.pdx--and there is *not* one on the reprint cd.
>
>I just looked at the Reprint CD (on my Mac). The index.pdx file _is_ there,
>in the root directory, the same directory as the piano.pdf file.
>
>> I can of course search the reprint file on it's own--but I was hoping for
>> the global search.
>
>I don't understand. If you can search the reprint file on its own, does the
>"PianoTech" file show up in the index list?
>
>Kent

Regards,

mailto:drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.xoasis.com/