New Wurlitzer's Dampers

Clark A Sprague clarks11628@juno.com
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 22:01:03 -0500

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001 18:57:17 EST ROBOTUNER@AOL.COM writes:
    New Wurlitzer Grands are made by Samick,just like Kohler and
Campbell.There are two screws on the  bass damper guide rail that are
usually
loose,and since the guide isn't glued on,it shifts to one side.I use a
flat
screw driver wedged between the plate and the high end of the bass guide
rail
and push the bridge to left and tighten the screws while still applying
pressure to the guide rail.Check to see of course which side the dampers
are
bleeding from.Usually the left string on all bichords are bleeding.I
would
suggest you look at the screws on the treble guide rail too.I work on
alot of
Kohler grands and I used to waste alot of time bending wires untill I
figured
out the guide rails were shifting.        Robin Olson  RPT
I think you are right.  The left string is the predominant leaker, and
although the wires were all over the place, I guess I saw more to the
right than left!  Thanks to all for their input.
Clark Sprague
Detroit-Windsor Chapter