Grey Market

Anthony G Caught caute@bigpond.com
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 18:39:28 +0930

Terry,

Information of any sort is important. So I thought that I should do the =
right thing and inform you that South is up and north is down. This is =
of course if you are looking from the centre of the universe.

The centre of the universe is located an equal distance from both poles =
though the distance is a lot further away than the USA. But, I can =
understand you thinking that it is approximately here you sit.

Tony Caught
Australia
caute@optusnet.com.au

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 10:23 PM
  Subject: Re: Grey Market

  Hello down there Brian! A grey market product is manufactured in the =
same place (typically) as a non-grey market item. There often are some =
differences in the final product. With Yamaha Pianos, the two types have =
wooden components that are seasoned/dried differently. Several years ago =
I drove a "grey market" Mercedes Benz automobile. It did not have the =
big funky bouncy bumpers that are required on all cars sold in the USA, =
it had the 1960s-type smaller bumpers that are OK in Europe. Same thing =
as pianos.

  Also, what may be confusing is that some people do not realize that =
the USA is the center of the universe. So much common English word usage =
originates here in the center of the universe, and may not have =
application in some other areas of the universe. I'm not sure, but "grey =
market" may only apply to items manufactured outside the USA that are =
made in different versions - those for the USA and those for satellites =
of the USA. Therefore, it may well be that no grey market Yamaha pianos =
exist in New Zealand, which is perhaps why you might not be familiar =
with the term! Do you have grey market Mercedes Benz down there?

  Terry Farrell
  Piano Tuning & Service
  Tampa, Florida
  mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com