Touchweight quick fix(Medical tubing)

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 21:29:40 -0600

I retrieved this Ernie Juhn post from my "Saved" folder. Just for the
record...

:)

Kent Swafford

---------------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------------
Date:        3/12/98 11:44 AM
From:        Ernest Juhn, EJuhn@compuserve.com
To:          PTG-L, ptg-l@ptg.org

U1 action too light for customer.
Yamaha sells little "clip on "things" which go on the catcher and make the
action "heavier" for those who feel that they want it to be (heavier).
They call them touch weight adjusters and they can be moved forward or back
on the catcher dowel and that makes them adjustable.
A cheaper,  just as good and my own idea is as follows:
Get a piece of vinyl tubing 6/16 od - 3/16 id. (very cheap in hardware
store).
Cut 88 about 1/2  inch long pieces and with a single edge razor blade slit
them open (easily done by standing them up on end).
Finally slip them over the catcher dowels of the action.
It is cheap, fast and above all - reversible in minutes.
Ernie Juhn