Yamaha electric grand

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 21:06:24 -0500

At 7:16 PM -0500 2/8/01, bases-loaded@juno.com wrote:
>Is there anything in particular I should look out for with these
>critters, either tuning or otherwise, or do most of the acoustic piano
>principles apply?

As I remember, when the beats rates in the temperament's ladder of
M3ds were made smooth and even, the C#3-F3 M3d beat identical to the
C#4-F4 M3d. (The ladder was dead level.) It did have smoother
harmonicity than the Memphis Ivors&Pond consoles of 50 years ago. But
not by much. I treated the tuning like a harpsichord's: with so few
strings you can afford to tune it a half dozen times at one sitting
until it stops squirming.

Bill Ballard RPT

"Filing the bridgepins sure puts a sparkle on the restringing, but is
best done before the plate is re-installed"
     ...........recent shop journal entry