Touchweight quick fix(Medical tubing)

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 17:37:26 -0500

A use for clear medical hose for touchweight...

Client with a GE2. A Yamaha electric grand,
with an acoustic style action. Wanted to try a cheap
quick solution to increase touchweight as an experiment.

I bought clear medical tubing hose, slit it open length wise,
cut it into segments.  The segments wrapped snugly around
the shanks. Insta-weight!
Made quite a difference. Only other thing was to
increase the rep. spring tension slightly to compensate
for the heavier shanks.

Easily reversible.
No screws, no drilling, no glue, cheap removable parts..

                                       Any Thoughts
                                       Dave Renaud