Thu, 08 Feb 2001 21:18:50 +0100

"Howard S. Rosen" wrote:

> ****************
> That's a nice gesture on your part to show your gratitude, and *you* made
> that decision.

> However, the call I got was from an agent and he *required* a
> 20% kickback. Big difference. I'm so glad that I kept my dignity and refused
> this sleezebag's proposal. I am very tempted to inform the country club that
> heir guy wanted me to tack on 20% on my bill for his commission and tell them
> all they had to do was get my name from the yellow pages instead of asking the
> agent. Thanks for your response!

Hmm.... didnt quite read that into your initial posting.. but if the guy was
trying to squeeze you then hey.... thats a different story entirely.  I read a
couple of your responses to the things others wrote in, one where you mention
you were milling around the idea of telling this to the management of the
country club. If this guy was indeed trying to put a nasty squeeze on then I
certainly would try and find a way of informing them about it. You might ask
them innocently something like... "who's in charge here ??? " grin..

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.