Grey Market

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 23:28:44 -0600

>...I have always assumed that it applies  to an item that bears the name
>of a certain manufacture, but has  actually been made (even under license)
>elsewhere and is often a lower quality  and cheaper item...
> Brian Holden

Brian, List,

This is not the case.  When originally manufactured, these particular
Yamahas being discussed were just not designed to be marketed to certain
parts of the world.

Here is one of their web sites with relevant info:
http://www.yamaha.com/ycaservice/group004/fgrop004.htm
click on - What About Purchasing A Used Yamaha Piano?

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild