Grey Market piano (was Re: Yamaha U1)

Carol Beigel carolrpt@hotmail.com
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 08:52:21 -0500

You are missing the finish falling off the case, sticking keys, flat
soundboards, no tone in winter time, squeaking pedals, etc.  You can do the
repairs, but the wood moves at the change of season and the problems come
right back!  Like anything, you can get a good one!  But MOST of the gray
market pianos I have dealt with were poor values and very discouraging
troubles.

Carol Beigel, RPT